Houghton Horns is prioritizing the health and safety of our customers and employees as the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation develops. Our team is closely following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and other local and national health organizations. We’ll continue to receive the latest information and developments, and have taken instituted the following precautionary measure:
- A few customers at a time may shop the accessories section in our lobby. Please do your best to maintain a distance of 6 feet, and masks are appreciated. We ask for your patience if we must require you to wait outside until the lobby becomes available.
- One customer at a time may speak with a repair technician about a repair. Other repair customers will be asked to wait outside until they are done.
- For instrument and mouthpiece trials we request that you schedule an appointment in advance so that we can reserve a private room for you. Or you may wait in your car for a private room to become available.
- We are only scheduling one appointment at a time, with at least 15 minutes of padding between each appointment. If you arrive early, we request you wait in your car until your scheduled appointment time.
- Once you have tried an instrument, we will ask you to set it in the corner where it can be completely disinfected before the next customer.
- We will disinfect frequently used surfaces such as door knobs and credit card machines between each customer, a minimum of three times a day.
- Our team will be wearing masks and washing their hands in between each customer.
- We are requiring all of our team members to take precautionary health measures, including working from home whenever possible, social distancing while in the store, frequent hand-washing, and staying home when sick.
During this time of uncertainty, we will continue to fulfill our mission ‘To spread the joy of music through providing the highest level of products, services, and resources to the brass playing community.’
The Houghton Horns Team