Engelbert Schmid Horns
Master craftsmanship since 1980.
The Secrets of Sound
Engelbert Schmid instruments are modeled on historical precedents, then mathematically corrected to offer a more noble, more radiant, more precise sound.
Knowledge and Passion
Versatile instruments that entice the player into creativity, hand-crafted by a professional horn player.
French Horns in Brass
- High F horn, changeable to high E, Eb, D $6,395
- Bb horn with A stopping valve $7,165
- Vienna horn in F $7,495
- Vienna horn in F, changeable to Bb, with F crook and Bb crook $10,360
- Full double horn in Bb/F $10,695
- Full double horn in Bb/F with A stopping valve $11,575
- Bb/high F horn with A stopping valve $11,355
- Bb/high Eb horn with A stopping valve $11,740
- Compensating triple horn Bb/F/high F $15,705
- Compensating triple horn Bb/F/high Eb $16,315
- Full triple horn, Bb/F/high F $15,705
- Full triple horn Bb/F/high Eb $16,315
- Historic hand horn, after Ignar Lorenz in Linz, Corpus $4,740
- Crooks various
C alto: €145, Bb: $335, A: $335, G: $335, F: $430, E: $430, Eb: $430, D: $580, C basso: $720, Kuppler1Ton: $280
- Complete set of crooks $3,585
- 5 water keys and thumb lever for absolutely secure top notes $555
from F" to C#"
- 3 water keys and thumb lever for absolutely secure top notes $400
F", G#", Bb"
- Detachable bell or fixed bell no extra charge
- Upgrade horn to gold brass +10%
- Upgrade horn to nickel silver +15%
- Gold brass taper, yellow brass cylinder $940
- Sterling silver leadpipe $885
- Sterling silver taper (leadpipe, 1st branch, bell tail, bell flare) $3,970
- F slide for A valve, with switch valve $665
- Lacquer single horn $455
- Lacquer double horn $530
- Lacquer triple horn $590
- Schmid hand rest $105
- Adjustable pinky hook $70
- Mechanical linkage $25
- Water key $75