Pre-Order Your Copy of Recipe for Success Today!
- homogeneous beginning horn classes
- private teachers, providing a comprehensive method for training young horn players
- middle school and high school horn players, as a supplement to their band program
- band directors, furnishing a valuable reference guide to encourage the development and success of their horn students
- university brass/horn methods classes, providing future educators with concise and accurate information on teaching horn
Free domestic shipping!
Janet B. Nye
Karen Houghton has been a private horn instructor for over forty years. Many of her former students now hold teaching and playing positions across the country. Karen enjoys teaching all levels and loves to see each student reach their potential on the horn. She has held positions in orchestras in the United States, Colombia, and Germany. Karen holds a degree in Horn Performance from California State University, Long Beach. Her teachers and mentors include: Ed Jackson, Fred Fox, James Decker, Philip Farkas, Michael Hoeltzel, and William Scharnberg. Currently, in addition to freelancing in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, Karen is an owner of Houghton Horns, a brass pro shop in Keller, Texas.
Janet B. Nye has been blessed with over twenty years of teaching and playing horn professionally. She especially enjoys starting beginners and working with them into adulthood. She is currently a permanent member of three regional symphonies, freelances throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and has toured for seven summers throughout Germany with Eurobrass. Se received her B.M.E. from the University of Cincinnati College, Conservatory of Music, and her M.M. in horn performance from Baylor University. Her teaching and playing has been strongly influenced by Koleta Tilson, Steven Gross, Michael Hatfield, Margaret “Peg” Robinson, Gregory Hustis, and Haley Hoops.