Each consignment horn that we sell is thoroughly tested by our staff to ensure that you are receiving a quality product. These are the thoughts that were shared by our staff:
This is an Alex 101. It is closely related to an Alex 103 with a few modifications. The 103 is significantly more popular, but this horn plays well and has a beautiful tone. This horn has excellent response in all registers. It is unlacquered.
That horn was made in 1988. At that time there was just one style of 101.
- Small body (103 size)
- Wide bell throat
- Leadpipe and Bb horn tubing nickel silver
- You should find a Bb tuning slide (straight out of 3rd valve)?
- Same air stream direction on both horns (Bb and F) – Kind of Merewether system
- Was mainly made for American market (wide bell section, nickel silver Bb horn, dark sound)
- Type: Double Horn F/Bb
- Primary Material: Yellow Brass
- Lead Pipe Material: Nickel-Silver
- Bore Size (Inches/Millimeters): .468''/12 mm
- Bell: Detachable
- Linkage: String
- Origin: Germany