S.E. Shires Model AF Bb Trumpet
This popular variation on the standard S.E. Shires Model A trumpet features a special, slightly squarer bell bend with a side seam and French bead. These characteristics give its sound added complexity, cushion the blow slightly, and enhance its projection and power. The W05 leadpipe, incrementally more efficient that the WH but just as open and flexible, allows the player to produce the most delicate passages with ease despite the bold bell treatment. The Model AF has a versatile sound that ranges from warm glow to clarion edge, while permitting a spectrum of subtleties in between. Nickel silver balusters and valve caps add brilliance and character to the sound, increase its core, and contribute to cleanness and immediacy of attack at all dynamics. This trumpet makes a great choice as an all-around instrument for performance in a wide variety of musical settings and styles.
- Bore: .459 inch
- AF Bell: 4 13⁄16 inch, one piece, hand-hammered “A” (centered) taper in standard-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed (side) seam, French bead, and dual-radius bell bend
- W05 Leadpipe: .345-inch venturi, lightweight yellow brass—efficient, flexible, open and free blowing, with easy, immediate response
- W Tuning Slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key—strong core, brilliance, and presence of sound
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with nickel silver balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: nickel silver
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- Includes S.E. Shires single trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit
Orders over $25 are eligible for free shipping.
Sheet music and Pre-Owned instruments are excluded from free shipping.
Click here for our shipping policy.
This product has a 15-day return policy that starts on the day the customer receives the item. In case of a return, the customer is responsible for the cost of initial and return shipping.
Click here to request a return.
If the product is labelled as "Special Order," it is ineligible for returns or exchanges.
Click here for our "Special Orders" form.