S.E. Shires Soloist Tenor Trombone with Tru-bore F Attachment
Designed for musicians desiring a more individual and expressive character, the S.E. Shires Soloist model trombone offers a more unique tonal palette without sacrificing the versatility demanded by today's most outstanding professionals. The two-piece 7GLW gold brass bell features a soldered beadwire and modified construction, giving the player a warm sound that can also add timbral color throughout the dynamic range. The .547 bore TW47 slide features standard weight, yellow brass tubes and a wide nickel silver crook, lending an open feel, crisp articulations, and a dense core to the sound. A 2SS sterling silver leadpipe adds further color in the middle to upper overtones and clarity to the articulation. The patented S.E. Shires Tru-Bore valve retains the clarity and stability of a rotary valve and pairs it with the more expansive sound and feel of an axial flow valve. Expressive without losing power or clarity, the S.E. Shires Soloist model tenor trombone is an excellent choice for the trombonist that wants to stand out.
Other configurations are available. Please call (817) 993-6400, ext. 1 to order this item with different components.
- 7GLW bell: two-piece, hand-hammered TI taper in gold brass with traditionally brazed seams and soldered bead
- Patented S.E. Shires Tru-Bore F valve
- TY tuning slide: yellow brass, drawn tubing
- TW47 handslide: .547-inch, standard-weight yellow brass; nickel silver wide crook
- Choice of 2SS sterling silver leadpipe or three interchangeable yellow brass leadpipes
- Bell engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and traditional floral pattern
- Includes S.E. Shires large-bore tenor trombone case, mouthpiece, and care kit