Save 10% with this basic brass instrument repair kit!
This kit is designed for band directors and ensemble leaders who need to keep a variety of rotary valve instruments, from trombones to trumpets, in good operating condition. Everything you need to get started on simple repairs, so you spend less time dropping instruments off at the repair shop.
* A rawhide mallet for reinstalling top bearing plates and removing stuck bells and mouthpieces
* A metal rod for removing rotors
* A variety of rotor bumpers for rotary valves
* A utility knife for trimming rotor bumpers to size
* A double-headed screwdriver with a flathead and Philips head for replacing rotor string and inserting rotor bumpers
* 12 pieces of rotor string for rotary valves
* A wooden dowel for reinstalling top bearing plates
* 2′ of steel wire for fishing out foreign objects
* Hetman and Superslick lubricants for valves, rotors, bearings, linkages, and slides
* A convenient vinyl carry pouch
We will eventually post videos demonstrating how to use each item in the repair kit. In the mean time, please feel free to call us at 817-993-6400 if these instructions are unclear.
*Raw brass, polished brass, and unlacquered instruments and mouthpieces will tarnish quickly and may not arrive with a flawless finish. This is a natural property of raw brass, which will develop a rich golden-brown patina over time.