|Dimensions||26 × 15 × 13 in|
This “New Symphony Model” designed by Walter Kruspe was built circa 1930. It was owned by a professional player in Boston before being purchased by its second, and only other, owner in 1940.
The owner played it through high school and during study at Boston University before joining the war effort in 1943.
After 1946, the horn was played during further university study and for numerous professional engagements. The horn was eventually stored for the years between 1950 and 1990 when the owner (now retired) took up study again with William Scharnberg at UNT.
The original mouthpipe was replaced in 2012, and the valves received a complete refit from Houghton Horns in 2014.
This Kruspe model was the inspiration for the Conn 6D in the early 1930s, and James Stagliano worked closely with the engineers at Conn to develop and refine the design.