S.E. Shires Custom Alto Trombone
- Alto Trombone
- A7YLW Bell: 7-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered bell in lightweight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seams and soldered bead
- A85-95 Handslide: .485/.495-inch dual bore, standard-weight yellow brass, tuning-in-slide mechanism, nickel silver crook
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and traditional floral pattern
- Includes S.E. Shires alto trombone case, mouthpiece, and care kit
The unique A7YLW bell of the S.E. Shires Custom Alto Trombone combines the quick response and color of a one-piece bell with the centered feel and expansive tone of a two-piece bell. The bell’s yellow brass helps it to achieve a clear, pure sound with strong fundamental, while keeping a very consistent tone color and overtone structure throughout the range of dynamics.
Out of stock
The S.E. Shires company slogan, Quality without compromise™, is more than simply a marketing tool. It is Steve Shires’ heartfelt conviction and his fundamental principle for both manufacture and design. S.E. Shires Co. builds nearly every part on its custom instruments in its Holliston, Massachusetts workshop, as it has since 1995. A member of the S.E. Shires team play-tests every instrument thoroughly before it ships. Steve’s attention to design and his keen understanding of how it affects sound and playability is unsurpassed by any other brass instrument maker. He has parallel commitments to the highest standards of modern manufacturing, which make his instruments consistent and mechanically superior, and to the old-world craftsmanship which gives them a distinctively resonant voice appreciated by players the world over.
In May, 2014, Eastman Music Company purchased the S.E. Shires Company. Based in Pomona, California, Eastman is well known for the quality and value of its broad offering of band and orchestral instruments. With the backing of Eastman, S.E. Shires has been able to increase its instrument line, production capacity, and worldwide presence, while maintaining its core commitment to quality, in-house manufacturing.
|Dimensions||48 × 13 × 10 in|