S. E. Shires Custom Series Model B Bb Trumpet
- Bore: .459 inch
- Model B Bell: 4 13⁄16 inch, one piece, hand-hammered “B” (broad) taper in standard-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and standard bead
- WH Leadpipe: .347-inch venturi, heavyweight yellow brass; open and free blowing with well-defined slots and easy response
- W Tuning Slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key—strong core, brilliance, and presence of sound
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with brass balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: brass caps
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- Includes S.E. Shires single trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit
The S.E. Shires Model B trumpet features a broad bell flare taper that produces an open, warm, round tone—coupled with agile, smooth articulation. The WH leadpipe provides and ideal combination of stability and flexibility; its relatively fast taper adds brilliance to the characteristic warmth of the B bell taper. Brass balusters and valve caps contribute to the character to the sound, increase its core, and facilitate cleanness and immediacy of attack. Commercial, jazz, and classical players alike love the breadth and malleability of the Model B’s sound.
Out of stock
The S.E. Shires company slogan, Quality without compromise,™ is more than simply a marketing tool. It is Steve’s heartfelt conviction and his fundamental principle for both manufacture and design. S.E. Shires Co. builds nearly every part on its custom instruments in its Hopedale, Massachusetts workshop, as it has since 1995. Steve and other members of our team play-test every instrument thoroughly before it ships. Steve’s attention to design—and his keen understanding how it affects sound and playability—is unsurpassed by any other brass instrument maker. He has parallel commitments to the highest standards of modern manufacturing, which make his instruments consistent and mechanically superior, and to the old-world craftsmanship that gives them the distinctively resonant voice appreciated by players the world over.
In May, 2014, Eastman Music Company purchased the S.E. Shires Company. Based in Pomona, California, Eastman is well known for the quality and value of its broad offering of band and orchestral instruments. With the backing of Eastman, S.E. Shires has been able to increase its instrument line, production capacity, and worldwide presence, while maintaining its core commitment to quality, in-house manufacturing.
|Dimensions||21 × 7 × 11 in|