S. E. Shires Custom Series Model BLW Bb Trumpet
- Bore: .459 inch
- BLW Bell: 4 13/16 inch, one piece, hand-hammered “B” (broad) taper in lightweight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and standard bead
- W Leadpipe: .347-inch venturi, lightweight yellow brass; open and free blowing with well-defined slots and easy, immediate response
- X Tuning Slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key; free blowing and flexible, with great response
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, lightweight, with yellow-brass balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: lightweight yellow brass
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- Includes S.E. Shires single trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit
The S.E. Shires Model BLW trumpet features a lightweight version of the broad B bell that allows for even faster response and an open high register. Brilliant and nimble, it navigates technical passages with flexibility and ease. It sounds warm, round, and intimate at when played softly, but sizzles at high volumes and projects easily to the back of any performance space. The openness of the standard W leadpipe provides a free, stable-slotting, but flexible blow; its relatively fast taper adds brilliance to the characteristic warmth of the B bell taper. Yellow-brass balusters and lightweight yellow brass valve caps add depth and immediacy to the sound. The combination of playability and warmth unique to the BLW make it one of the few lightweight trumpets to appeal to lead and classical players alike.
Out of stock
The S.E. Shires company slogan, Quality without compromise™, is more than simply a marketing tool. It is Steve Shires’ heartfelt conviction and his fundamental principle for both manufacture and design. S.E. Shires Co. builds nearly every part on its custom instruments in its Holliston, Massachusetts workshop, as it has since 1995. A member of the S.E. Shires team play-tests every instrument thoroughly before it ships. Steve’s attention to design and his keen understanding of how it affects sound and playability is unsurpassed by any other brass instrument maker. He has parallel commitments to the highest standards of modern manufacturing, which make his instruments consistent and mechanically superior, and to the old-world craftsmanship which gives them a distinctively resonant voice appreciated by players the world over.
In May, 2014, Eastman Music Company purchased the S.E. Shires Company. Based in Pomona, California, Eastman is well known for the quality and value of its broad offering of band and orchestral instruments. With the backing of Eastman, S.E. Shires has been able to increase its instrument line, production capacity, and worldwide presence, while maintaining its core commitment to quality, in-house manufacturing.
|Dimensions||19 × 8 × 6 in|