S. E. Shires Custom Series Model CMW Bb Trumpet
- Bore: .459 inch
- CMW Bell: 4 13⁄16 inch, one piece, hand-hammered “C” (open) taper in standard-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and French bead
- W05 Leadpipe: .345-inch venturi, lightweight yellow brass—efficient, flexible, open and free blowing, with easy, immediate response
- XD Tuning Slide: dual-radius bend, dual bore, standard water key; free blowing and flexible
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, lightweight, with yellow-brass balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: lightweight yellow brass
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires maker’s mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- Includes S.E. Shires single trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit
The S.E. Shires Model CMW Bb Trumpet provides the ultimate combination of the sound of the best classic instruments with modern centering and intonation. The broadest S.E. Shires trumpet bell taper helps it to produce a wide variety of tone colors easily throughout the range of the instrument, with a more centered sound and a little less edge and brilliance than its lightweight counterpart. The W05 leadpipe and XD (X dual bore) tuning slide give it unparalleled warmth and flexibility.
Out of stock
The S.E. Shires company slogan, Quality without compromise™, is more than simply a marketing tool. It is Steve Shires’ heartfelt conviction and his fundamental principle for both manufacture and design. S.E. Shires Co. builds nearly every part on its custom instruments in its Holliston, Massachusetts workshop, as it has since 1995. A member of the S.E. Shires team play-tests every instrument thoroughly before it ships. Steve’s attention to design and his keen understanding of how it affects sound and playability is unsurpassed by any other brass instrument maker. He has parallel commitments to the highest standards of modern manufacturing, which make his instruments consistent and mechanically superior, and to the old-world craftsmanship which gives them a distinctively resonant voice appreciated by players the world over.
In May, 2014, Eastman Music Company purchased the S.E. Shires Company. Based in Pomona, California, Eastman is well known for the quality and value of its broad offering of band and orchestral instruments. With the backing of Eastman, S.E. Shires has been able to increase its instrument line, production capacity, and worldwide presence, while maintaining its core commitment to quality, in-house manufacturing.
|Dimensions||19 × 8 × 6 in|