S. E. Shires Custom Series Model CVP Bb Trumpet
- Bore: .459?inch
- CVP Bell:?4.75?inch, one piece, hand-hammered “C” (open) taper in lightweight yellow brass with traditionally brazed (side) seam, French bead, and dual-radius bell bend
- U5?Leadpipe: .345-inch venturi, lightweight yellow brass?efficient, open, and flexible
- C Tuning Slide (with brace): semi round, dual-radius bend with standard water key?flexible; responsive and malleable at low volumes, powerful and bold at high volumes.
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, lightweight, with yellow-brass balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: lightweight yellow brass
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- 3rd-valve slide water key
- Finish: silver plate
- Includes S.E. Shires single trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit
The S.E. Shires Model CVP Bb Trumpet (C Vintage Paris) represents the ?closest approximation yet of the prewar classic that inspired it. Its sound is incredibly versatile?it excels in jazz and commercial playing as well as classical?and it is very easy to play. A unique version of the broadest S.E. Shires trumpet bell taper in a slightly narrower diameter helps it to produce a wide variety of tone colors easily throughout the range of the instrument, with a beautiful, dense core. This special bell, combined with a U5 leadpipe and braced C tuning slide make the instrument’s harmonics feel particularly close and fluid. Narrow bracing contributes to the instrument?s superlative response, cleanness, and ease of attack.
Out of stock
The S.E. Shires company slogan,?Quality without compromise,? is more than simply a marketing tool. It is Steve Shires heartfelt conviction and his fundamental principle for both manufacture and design. S.E. Shires Co. builds nearly every part on its custom instruments in its Hopedale, Massachusetts workshop, as it has since 1995. A member of the S.E. Shires team play tests every instrument thoroughly before it ships. Steve?s attention to design?and his keen understanding how it affects sound and playability?is unsurpassed by any other brass instrument maker. He has parallel commitments to the highest standards of modern manufacturing, which make his instruments consistent and mechanically superior, and to the old-world craftsmanship that gives them the distinctively resonant voice appreciated by players the world over.?In May,?2014, Eastman Music Company purchased the S.E. Shires Company. Based in Pomona, California, Eastman is well known for the quality and value of its broad offering of band and orchestral instruments. With the backing of Eastman, S.E. Shires has been able to increase its instrument line, production capacity, and worldwide presence, while maintaining its core commitment to quality, in-house manufacturing.
|Dimensions||21 × 7 × 11 in|