- Lone Star Bell: 9.5-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered, BII taper in medium weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and soldered bead
- Independent S.E. Shires F/G♭ axial-flow valves set
- BGB Tuning Slide: B taper, drawn gold brass
- B62-78 dual-bore Handslide: .562-.578-inch, standard-weight yellow brass; nickel silver wide crook
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires Lone Star model custom engraving
- Includes S.E. Shires bass trombone case, mouthpiece, and care kit
S.E. Shires Brian Hecht “Lone Star” Bass Trombone with Axial Flow F/Gb Attachment
The Lone Star Model bass trombone has developed over the course of a long relationship between Brian Hecht and S.E. Shires. The two-piece, medium weight yellow brass bell produces a broad, rich sound that is very balanced and flexible throughout the range of the instrument. The axial-flow valve set sounds and feels particularly broad and even–especially when both valves are engaged–allowing for a truly open low register and contributing to the instrument’s quick, easy response. This model represents the heritage of Texas musicianship at its finest!
“Hand-drawn by a Texas artist, the design incorporates a few Texas elements. You’ll find the Yellow Rose of Texas beautifully surrounded by the iconic Shires brand leafing. Above it in an Old Western font reads the words ‘Lone Star’ accompanied by the traditional ‘S.E. Shires, Boston, Massachusetts’. Atop this inscription sits two vines of ivy that can be found in nearly every wooded area of Texas, most familiar to me, found in the vast backyard of my childhood home in Dallas, TX. Finally, at the top of the design, the Lone Star of the State of Texas.”
Brian Hecht, Bass Trombone, Atlanta Symphony
Shires is in the process of transitioning to Shires-branded Marcus Bonna cases throughout 2021. The case you receive may be different from the one pictured here. Please contact us if you have a case preference.
Availability: In stock (can be backordered)
|Dimensions||48 × 13 × 10 in|