S.E. Shires Custom Series Model A Bb Trumpet
"The Model A Bb trumpet is the best-selling model of Shires trumpets for its ease of playing and balanced classical sound. This horn is an excellent choice for concert band, pit orchestra, or chamber settings which demand pingy, clear articulation and malleability of timbre. Bach fans will find it easy to transition to this model, as that was the basis of its design."
-- Renee McGee, Shires Rising Artist
Shires Website Description:
The Model A has become the most popular S.E. Shires B-flat trumpet. It produces a brilliant, singing tone with marvelous projection and easy, centered response in all registers. Its centered bell taper produces a focused sound and facilitates projection. The WH leadpipe provides and ideal combination of stability and flexibility; its free-blowing character compliments the centered bell taper. Nickel-silver balusters and valve caps add brilliance and character to the sound, increase its core, and contribute to cleanness and immediacy of attack. This trumpet makes a great choice as an all-around instrument for performance in a wide variety of musical settings.
- Bore: .459
- Model A Bell: 4 13⁄16 inch, one piece, hand-hammered “A” (centered) taper in standard-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and standard bead
- WH Leadpipe: .347-inch venturi, heavyweight yellow brass—open and free blowing with well defined slots and easy response
- W Tuning Slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key—strong core, brilliance, and presence of sound
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with nickel-silver balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: nickel silver
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- Includes S.E. Shires single trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit