Q Series are entry-level professional instruments that have many of the same features as their custom counterparts. When you purchase a Q Series instrument you join the S. E. Shires family, a family which includes some of the finest professional musicians in the world.
The Model Q10S trumpet produces a warm, singing sound with marvelous projection and easy, centered response in all registers. The Q10 bell maintains its characteristic warmth and focus at louder dynamics, while providing a more veiled sound at lower dynamics. The Q05 leadpipe provides an ideal combination of efficiency and flexibility, allowing the player to produce the most delicate passages with ease. Nickel-silver balusters and valve caps add brilliance and character to the sound, increase its core, and contribute to cleanness and immediacy of attack. This trumpet makes a great choice as an all-around instrument for performance in a wide variety of musical settings.
- Bore: .459 inch
- Q10 Bell: 4 13/16-inch, one-piece, hand-hammered Q (centered) taper in yellow brass with round brass bead
- Q05 Leadpipe: .345-inch venturi, heavyweight yellow brass; open and free blowing with well-defined slots and easy response
- QW Tuning Slide
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with nickel silver balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: nickel silver
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires maker's mark and model designation
- Finish: silver plate
- Includes Q Series trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit