S.E. Shires Q30GR Q Series Tenor Trombone with Rotary F Attachment
Q Series are entry level professional instruments that have many of the same features as their custom counterparts. When you purchase a Q Series instrument you join the S. E. Shires family, a family which includes some of the finest professional musicians in the world.
A versatile large bore instrument, the Q30YR features the clarity of sound and projection for which S.E. Shires instruments are famed. The QTY bell features an 8.5 inch, two-piece, hand-hammered QI taper in yellow brass with soldered bead, giving this trombone a clear, singing tone with excellent projection and clarity. The wide, .547 bore handslide in standard weight yellow brass yields a broad sound that retains clarity, color and projection. Paired with a nickel handslide crook, articulations are crisp and brilliant. The standard rotary valve retains focus throughout all registers without sacrificing comfort in the valve register. At home in any ensemble, the Q30YR large bore trombone is an excellent choice for any trombonist.
- QTY Bell: 8.5 inch, two-piece, hand-hammered QI taper in lightweight gold brass with soldered bead
- Rotary F Valve
- QW47 Handslide: .547-inch, standard-weight yellow brass; nickel silver wide crook
- QY Tuning Slide
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes (1, 2, 3)
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and model designation
- Includes Q Series tenor trombone case, mouthpiece, and care kit