Simply Singing for Winds: A Wellspring of Melodies for Building Tone and Technique by Brad Edwards
A wellspring of melodies for building tone and technique.
You can never have too many good tunes to play!
Simply Singing for Winds is in 5 sections:
* Building a Foundation – 30 original pieces each in a clearly defined musical style
* Singing Smoothly – 63 legato melodies
* Singing with a Bounce – 44 melodies in a more detached style
* Singing with Style – 12 original pieces: 4 waltzes, 4 marches, 4 fanfares
* Fiddling Around – 16 fiddle tunes adapted for wind instruments
Reviews / Endorsements (tenor version)
I find myself playing from your Simply Singing book on a daily basis. I recommend this book to all of my colleagues and students.
Larry Zalkind, Eastman School of Music